1969-2019. 50 years ago, on July 21, Neil Armstrong took the first steps on the moon’s surface, "a small step for a man: one giant leap for mankind": The Biennial Show of Blacksmithing Art celebrates that event by dedicating the 2nd International Sculpture Competition 2019 to it.
After the success of the first edition of the sculpture competition, the 2nd INTERNATIONAL SCULPTURE COMPETITION will be organized again during the XXIII edition of the Biennale Europea d’Arte Fabbrile. The theme of this competition – designated by the organizing Committee – under the patronage of the institution of Parco Nazionale delle Foreste Casentinesi (National Park of the Casentino’s Forests) is:
21st July 1969
1969-2019. 50 years ago, on July 21st, Neil Armstrong set foot on the moon, “that’s one small step for man”, he said “one giant leap for mankind”. One giant leap in a walk started with the first look of mankind towards the sky, the sun, the moon and the stars
This look has been the source of many questions, suggestions, deep fears, even deeper sensations of wonder, contemplation and serenity. This, from one side, influenced the evolution of humanity towards knowledge, admiration, fear and fantasies, creating myths, beliefs, spiritual and religious thoughts of beauty and harmony, on the other side, it provided – through the “fixed” stars and the periodicity of the events – the “secure” basis to overcome the limit of the mythical “Pillars of Hercules” in every age.
The sculptures will be exhibited during the main event in the suggestive piazza B. Tanucci and they will be used as staging elements for the creation of a sculptural path.
Two of the winning art works of this competition, considering the theme, will be placed in the entrance porch of the Planetario (planetarium) of Stia, near the Palagio Fiorentino, and one of them will remain available to the Association and will be located in a suitable area inside the Pratovecchio-Stia Town Hall.
- 12 June: closing date for registration requests, both for requests sent online through WeTransfer to the address firstname.lastname@example.org and for those sent by paper mail
- 17 June: communication of the choice of the projects, selected by a Committee of members of the Autonomous European Association of Blacksmith’s Art
- From 9:00 am of Tuesday 27th August until 6pm of Wednesday 28th August: closing date for the delivery of the works
- 1st September: announcement and Award Ceremony of the three winning sculptures selected by the Jury composed of the qualified members nominated by the organizers
- The not-winning sculptures must be withdrawn by 12 am of Monday 2nd September