6th Course – Project for a commission
EVALUATION AND MEASUREMENTS
• The students, together with the teacher, will perform an on-site visit to the historical
centres of the Municipality of Pratovecchio Stia, identifying in the already existing
architecture the possibility to insert a decorative and aesthetic element made of iron;
the teacher will give each and every student a different project, the students will have to
hand over a satisfying survey report containing drawings, pictures and measurements.
• Every student will work on his/her own project, developing a drawing having
contemporary forms and needing the use of contemporary techniques.
• It will be the teacher’s duty to insert in the projects’ contents, if necessary, a different
integrative request or an alternative solution to the project itself.
THE PROJECT WILL HAVE TO BE COMPOSED OF:
• A visual documentation of the inclusion of the project and surveying measurements, indicating
the time needed to achieve the purposes.
• Octagonal/perspective/side drawings on a scale to be defined, indicating the time needed
to achieve the purposes.
• One part or more than one part containing decorative or architectural details will have to be
drawn on a 1:1 scale, indicating the time needed to achieve the purposes.
• The student who will be busy developing a complicated and long project will be asked to do
just one decorative part of the same project on a 1:1 scale. A visual documentation of the
inclusion of the project and surveying measurements. The amount of materials that will be
used, indicating the time needed to carry out the entire project.
• Once the project is completed the teacher will have to give his/her first assessment regarding
the cost of it, including the cleaning of the workpiece and the wax finish.
• At the beginning of every day the students will be invited to talk to the class about their
project, discussing their evaluation while it progresses.
• The most elaborate decorative elements of the projects will be carried out by the teacher but they will
not be used as an element of the project, the whole class will be invited to watch.
• The students will have to take account of the time that they will dedicate to the practical stage of their
own projects, with great accuracy, for a re-assessment of the costs.
• As for the planning stage, for the practical stage too there will be specific moments in which the
students will be able to show and discuss their work or the potential difficulties faced during this course.