1st course – Drawing
Brief introduction to the History of Art through the centuries, focusing on the geographical area
of the West (with references to the African, the Chinese, the Japanese, the Indian, the Islamic,
the Mesopotamian and the Persian area, too), chronology of the rendering styles and study of
the use of iron in architecture.
TECHINCAL DRAWING: theoretical part with practice exercises
• Drawings of polygons in orthogonal projections.
• Drawings of three-dimensional polygons in orthogonal projections.
• Axonometric projection – rapid and generic projection.
• Axonometric projection – monometric projection and monometric variations.
• Isometric projection.
• Military projection.
• Central perspective with one vanishing point.
• Perspective with one, two and three vanishing points.
• Symmetrical or asymmetrical perspective.
• Decomposition of a finished element, so that it is possible to analyse all of its internal components
and their disposition.
FREE-HAND DRAWING: theoretical part with practice exercises
COPYING FROM REAL LIFE
• How to transpose measures on a scale.
• Fading and shading on flat, concave and convex surfaces.
• Reflected and cast shadows of static and liquid surfaces.
Each student will have to copy something from real life. Students will have to use only the
techniques acquired during the course, sticking to the model they have been assigned.
SEQUENCE OF MOVING IMAGES
• Drawing of one or more objects while in movement or twisting, representing them in a
sequence of sketches that need to be divided in a defined path.
HANDOVER OF HOMEWORK, IN ORDER TO ENTER THE 2° COURSE