Locks – 1st level
First level of three courses based on the study and the planning of the mechanisms necessary for the construction of a lock in a handicraft way.
SUBJECTS OF THE THEORETICAL PART
- Description of the tools.
- Constructional description of the keyhole.
- Constructional description of the key (unrefined forged element).
- Finishing the key (filing and drilling).
Construction of the guiding jumpers that will make the bolts slide (the elements are forged and refined by filing).
- Description of the construction and of the force load of the springs.
- Basic supporting pillar.
- Soldering treatments.
Each student will have to realise an orthogonal projection of the lock that needs to be built.
- Cutting the basic supporting pillar on the copy of the drawing.
- Forging the components.
- Finishing touches to the forged components with trial tests.
- Development of the keyhole.
- Construction of the springs.
- Temporary assembling with screws for the trial test of each different element.
- Definitive assembling with rivets.
- Treatment and preservation.
THE COURSE WILL LAST 5 DAYS.