Embossed work on pitch
SPECIFIC COURSE FOR ART OBJECTS AND JEWELLERY MATERIALS GIVEN BY THE SCHOOL FOR THIS COURSE:
- Embossing board (steel semi-sphere filled with tar component and base ring).
- Steel to forge chisels.
- Hammers to emboss.
- Sheet made of iron-plates, copper-plates and brass-plates.
- Bulk for the finishing of chisels.
- Grinders for finishing and polishing treatments.
- Use of forges, anvils, hammers and carbon for the realisation of chisels.
SUBJECTS OF THE THEORETICAL PART
- Explanation and illustration of the tools used for the course.
- Explanation of how chisels are built and what kind of steels can be used for them.
- Grinding and polishing of the chisels’ mould.
- Quenching and tempering of chisels.
- Use of chisels.
DRAWINGS AND MATERIALS TO USE FOR THE EMBOSSING PROCESS
- Drawing of the bas relief on a 1:1 scale.
- Choice and sizing of the material used.
- Copy of the drawing with carbon paper on the metal sheet.
- Forging of certain chisels that will be used in relation to the chosen design.
- How to fix and detach the metal sheet on and from the embossing board.
- Tension annealing.
- Cleaning and polishing.
- Preservation treatment.
MATERIALS GIVEN BY CLAUDIO BOTTERO FOR A TOTAL OF SIX/EIGHT STUDENTS. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONTENTS OF THE COURSE WRITE TO: CLAUDIOBOTTERO@LIBERO.IT THE COURSE WILL LAST 3 DAYS.